Revised: April 22, 2015
At Tax Analysts we understand the importance of protecting your personal information, and we are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. This policy describes the types of information Tax Analysts ("Tax Analysts" or "We") may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our web site (our "Site") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect:
- From visitors to our Site.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and Tax Analysts, including, for example, when you register or subscribe to certain products or services, create a profile or use an interactive feature.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Site, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and Tax Analysts.
This policy does not apply to information collected by Tax Analysts offline or through any other means, or from any third party.
What information we collect. When you subscribe to and use the Tax Analysts products online, we will receive information about you. How much and what kind of information depends on how you use the Site and our products.
Non-Personal Information and Aggregated Information.
This information does not by itself identify a specific individual. As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and typically aggregated with other data to help us improve our Site. It also helps us deliver a better and more personalized service by (for example) enabling us to store information about your preferences, and recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Tax Analysts, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally identifiable information tells us specifics about who you are, such as your name, your e-mail address, your postal address and your telephone number. When you register, or order a product or service through our Site, submit content or post to a discussion, we will ask for certain information about you such as your first and last name,
We collect this personally identifiable information directly from you when you provide it to us, such as:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information, such as credit card information and other billing information, before placing an order through our Site. This information will only be shared with third parties who help to complete the purchase transaction. Examples of this include fulfilling orders and processing credit card payments.
- Your search queries on the Site.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed ("posted") on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Any information you disclose in your User Contributions, may be used by Tax Analysts for online and offline promotional or commercial uses in any and all media. If you choose to engage in User Contributions, you should be aware that any personal information you submit can be read, collected and used by other users of these areas. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in the course of your User Contributions and we have no responsibility to publish, take down, remove or edit any of your User Contributions.
- We often receive information about attendees to our live events from sign-in and registration lists. We may share this information with event or promotion sponsors, in which case we will notify you when we collect the information.
Children Under the Age of 14
Our Site is not intended for children under 14 years of age and not targeted towards children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 14.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personally identifiable information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- We also use this information to customize certain features of the Site to provide you with an enhanced experienced based on the type of device you are using to access the Site, and in certain cases, provide you with requested services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We may also use your information to contact you about products and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at (800) 944-2444.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- If your subscription is provided in whole or in part by your employer or other third party, we may notify the provider when you access or use your subscription. When providing these notices, we may reveal limited amounts of your personally identifiable information such as your name or email address.
- To allow third-party service providers to assist us in providing and managing our services. We may make your personally identifiable information available to certain third-party service providers, such as contractors or agents, who help us manage or provide our products and services by, for example: developing or supporting products and features; sending email messages on our behalf; processing payments; fulfilling orders; delivering subscriptions; auditing; and processing data or statistics. These outside service providers are required to protect personally identifiable information entrusted to them and not use it for any other purpose than the specific service they are providing to us.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Tax Analysts' assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Tax Analysts about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Tax Analysts, our customers or others.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your "My Profile" page.
You may also send an e-mail to email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We have no obligation to delete User Contributions (See the Site's Terms and Conditions).
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Tax Analysts 400 S. Maple Avenue, Suite 400, Falls Church, VA 22046.Attn: Linda Friedman.
Tax Analysts uses commercially reasonable, technical and physical measures to safeguard personally identifiable information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use or disclosure. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we make efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
400 S. Maple Avenue
Falls Church, VA 22046
Attn: Anthony Hebron